Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My First Go At Leadlighting

*The products in this post were purchased by me. As always, all opinions are my own. For more info you can view my disclosure policy here.*

I'm really excited to share today's post with you all. A few months ago someone in the Adventures In Stamping group on FB posted a tutorial for the leadlighting technique. I thought it was pretty cool but not something that I was rushing to do. Then, a few weeks ago Copycat Claws shared a photo of some LL that she did using the OPI sheer tints over black. I was in love and that really made me want to try. So, I finally broke down and bought the sheer tints and I'm really glad I did.
In case you are unsure of what LL is (and you didn't click the link to watch the video) it's using sheer polishes to fill in an image. You can also layer it over a white stamp on a black base which is what I did. I like this way the best but I'm looking forward to trying the other way too. I used Winstonia plate W-04 for the stamping.

If you don't have the sheer tints and still want to try this you can add a few drops of clear coat to a drop of polish and make you own tints. I wanna try that soon too, to be honest I got a little tired of just using the tints by the end of this. There are only so many combos of colors you can do with four colors lol. 

What do you ladies think? I'm very happy with my first try. And yay for trying new things also. I get stuck in a rut so often I get really excited when I do something out of my comfort zone. As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or just something that you wanna say? Leave me a comment...I love hearing from you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...